I’m sorry, but I have not ‘learned’ much this week as I have been very busy on my re-write (following Jim Rohn’s suggestion 🙂 ). The odd bits and bobs that I did find remarkable are the following:
- I write best in the morning. My evening writes are almost always corrected the next day
- I can write with and without music in the background
- I am a sucker for television. Whenever my son asks me to come watch Dexter (love that series!) I’m off
- After I re-write a chapter I throw it through ProWritingAid and only use the following nowadays, which I think does help improve my writing:
- Vague and Abstract Words Check (to make my writing more interesting)
- Overused Words Check (ditto)
- Repeats Check (ditto)
- Writing Style Check (to get rid of passive verbs)
- Pronoun Check (to prevent three or more sentences starting with ‘I’)
- I eat more whilst editing than when I’m writing 🙁
- I used the word ‘got’ an awful lot of times when I wrote my first book. I’m 100% sure my vocabulary has improved since!
That’s it this week…
Hope you have a Happy Writing Weekend!