Only three days to go before the weekend. There’s light at the end of the tunnel 😊.
I have an introduction appointment at the gym today (it’s been a while since I’ve seen the inside of one of these) and can’t wait to get moving.
Today is also the day that I’ll finally get beyond editing the first six chapters of my book that I got stuck on these past few weeks. I have settled into a routine that seems to be working. Each chapter I:
– Listen to text-to-speech. I note anything that doesn’t seem write and change it.
– I change any ‘telling’ into ‘showing’ where it fits.
– I throw a macro with all my ‘sticky’ words over it (thanks, Al, for introducing me to this option!). It highlights all my problem words.
– I do a combo check in ProWritingAid. Most suggestions are ignored, but it still picks up issues here and there.
– I listen to another session of text-to-speech.
Some sentences are completely deleted. They are non-adding info. But then again, I create whole new passages to make sure the text still flows. All in all, I think you’ll like my writing better. That is my goal 😊.
Have a wonderful Wednesday!